Recipe and directions to make you own FAB KID SPA PARTY BATH BOMBS at home. This is a great craft idea to keep the girls busy and entertained at a spa party.
Bath Bomb Ingredients / Supplies Needed
For simple bath bombs, all you need is baking soda, citric acid, Epsom salt and a little bit of water. But we want to have a little more fun and have with our FAB KID SPA PARTY BATH BOMBS and make them a little more luxurious so we are want to add some essential oil for scent and body oil (I prefer coconut oil) to make your skin smooth. You can also add some dried rose petals for some flair. You’re also going to want a mold for your bath bombs, cupcake liners make quick and easy molds. Paper towels help with any messes as well as when it comes to mixing the ingredients and a plastic table cover to cover your workspace will come in handy.
RECIPE FOR BATH BOMBS
FAB KID SPA PARTY BATH BOMBS RECIPE
- 2 Cups Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Citric Acid
- 1 Cup Epsom Salt
- 2 to 4 Drops Essential Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
When mixing the water with the dry mixture you’ll have to add it slowly so as not to activate the baking soda and citric acid. It is best to put the water in a small spray bottle and spritz it on. That way it will just get a little damp as you mix it.
- First, cover your work space with a table cover (this will help with easy clean-up)
- Start by mixing both the dry ingredients (baking soda, citric acid, & Epsom salt) together and break up any lumps you see
- You can add the essential oil droplets as well as the coconut oil (or whichever oil you prefer)
- Lay a paper towel down in front of each person who is participating in making the bath bombs
- Give about 3 tablespoonfuls to each girl and lay it on top of the paper towels (I found that when placed on a paper towel the towel helps to absorb some of the excess moisture and will help with premature fizzing)
- Now spritz the mixture with water and mix it around before adding any more water, continue to add water and mix until the mixture holds its form
- Once the mixture holds its formed you can place in the mold of your choice and let dry, usually 24-48 hours is sufficient depending on the humidity.
For smaller personalized recipe check out Individual Size Bath Bomb Recipe